Yummy Apple Butter Bread


I LOVE apple butter! My husband and I went to Tennessee for our honeymoon and bought a jar of apple butter in this cool old general store we found in the Smokey Mountains. It was my first time trying apple butter, and I couldn't imagine what apple and butter combined would taste like. Little did I know that that there is no butter in it whatsoever! We ate the entire jar that week, and apple butter has always had a sentimental place in my kitchen ever since. I make my own apple butter, and you can find the recipe here. 

After seeing several recipes for applesauce bread on pinterest, I decided to combine a few recipes to make my own apple butter bread. I used half whole wheat flour in the recipe to keep it healthy, but all white flour could also be used.


This loaf was super easy to whip up and came out delicious! I am sure I will continue to play with the recipe (like adding chopped up apple pieces), but I am very pleased with how this one turned out. It is light, but very moist, and we have been enjoying it as a breakfast bread to go with our scrambled eggs. To me, it tastes like Christmas :) And when it is baking, the whole house smells like Christmas!


Apple Butter Bread Recipe:
1/3 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/4 cup apple butter
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup white flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans)

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Add in the egg and apple butter. Mix thoroughly. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder in a separate bowl. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Fold in the buts. 

Pour batter into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for one hour.

Let me know what you think! All this talk of food is making me hungry...I'm going to eat another slice now :)


Comments