A Letter from God to the Woman Experiencing Pregnancy Loss


My Dear Child,

My heart is breaking with yours right now. I have not forgotten you, but I am right here beside you, present in your pain. You are so precious to me and I bottle up each of your tears as you grieve the loss of your child. This tragedy was not my plan- it is the result of the sin of a fallen world, far from the perfect place I had originally created for you, dear child. I love you so much, and I am devastated that you have to experience such pain.

I understand your pain all too well. I also experienced the loss of a child when I sent my own Son to earth to die a painful death and be separated from me. But I have redeemed that loss, because the result was that your child is experiencing eternal life with me in heaven at this very moment. I am eagerly looking forward to the day when the pain of this world will be redeemed in the same way, for your present suffering is not worth comparing to the glory and joy that will be in that day!

Satan wants to use this loss for his own purposes, but if you continue to trust me through this dark time, our relationship will grow so much stronger than it was before. I will use this new strength to prepare you for other challenges and victories in the days ahead that can only be overcome with faith in the face of doubt. I know that you have a lot of questions right now, and asking them is good. Look in my Word and I will show you the answers. Listen to the truth that you find there rather than the lies that the evil one is whispering in your ear. If you can continue to put your faith in me, then even this terrible loss can result in something beautiful and good. Do not give Satan the satisfaction of winning this battle!

I know that you have certain plans in mind and are worried about the timing in which those plans will be complete, but my timing is perfect. I command the sun to rise and set, and I alone know what tomorrow holds. I am just going to have to ask you to trust me and know that I have your best interests in mind. I have a good and perfect plan for you. I know each of your children intimately, for I have created them. I know them by name, and love them even more than you do! I have a plan not only for your future, but also for today! You are right where you are for a reason, and even the waiting has a purpose.

I know that you feel betrayed by your own body, and you feel like you are unable to do what you were created to do. Your body is not broken- you are fearfully and wonderfully made in my own image! I have created you and know every detail from the hairs on your head to the days of your life. I know each part that is working properly as well as those that are working against you. This body that seems to have betrayed you is only temporary and will one day be made new, but it is still my very own creation! Where it has failed you, I will one day restore.

I know that you are hurting. I know that it is difficult to think about anything other than what you have lost. Just remember that there are many things to be grateful for even in the pain. Hold tightly to those who love you and the blessings that you have as you work through the grieving process. A grateful heart that counts its blessings is one that can withstand even the most devastating of losses.

I know that you feel like this is the end. You had so much to look forward to and now you aren’t sure how to move forward into the emptiness. Your heart is so shattered that you wonder if it will even be whole again, if it will ever experience joy again. Let me assure you- this is far from the end! Do not put a period where I have put a comma. My plan for you is not complete, and you can rest knowing that I, your Father, who loves you more than you can imagine, holds your future. I am in the work of redemption, and I am making all things new! I have so much more in store for you. Bring me the broken pieces of your heart, your hopes, and your dreams. Entrust them to me. Take my hand, dear child. Lay your head on my chest, release your pain and your fears and your hurt, and rest. Let me show you what I will do...

I love you more than you can imagine,
God

Comments