What you'll need:
- jars (4oz, 8oz, or 16oz)- yields 42 oz. so divide it up as you will
- canning supplies
- 6 cups mulberries or raspberries
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 box Sure-jell
What to do:
1. Rinse and mash the berries. Mulberries are pretty hard to mash, but it doesn't have to be perfect. If you are using raspberries you can you a food mill to remove the seeds, but I just left them in.
2. Blend the chipotle peppers, garlic, and red wine vinegar in a food processor until smooth. (If your baby is sleeping in the room right next to you, get creative and take the food processor outside and plug in it in the carport...)
3. Combine the pepper mixture and berries in a large pot on the stove.
4. Stir in the Sure-jell and turn up the heat.
5. Stir continuously until the mixture boils while stirring.
6. Add the sugar, return to a boil, and keep a rolling boil while stirring for one minute.
7. Pour the mixture into your hot and sanitized jars.
8. Process jars in a water bath for 5 minutes.